Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Add-On Scenery OVERLOAD! Which is best?

Guest bgm2004

There is such a plethora of FS2004 Add-on scenery today, my head is spinning like a freakin' gyroscope when faced with the daunting task of trying to choose. What do all of you recommend?FS Terrain ?FS Global 2005 ?FScene ?RealScene 2004 ?USA Extreme landscapes ?I've been flying FS since the original Bruce Artwick design. I've always been amzed with each new iteration. But now I've gotten to the point where it's time to increase the fidelity of the scenery. I already have the Mega Scenery series- buying those were no-brainers. But what next? My goal is to obtain the highest resolution land class / mesh / terrain scenery that's available.My first priority is the USA2nd priority is Europe3rd is the rest of the worldOf the five listed above, some are for only the USA. Some cover the whole world. I would assume those that specialize in coverage of only one area would be better than selecting for that area a product that covers the whole world?Some are terrain textures and some are meshes and some are land class. I think I know the difference between the different types of scenery foundations, but I also get confused, such as when I'm trying to make heads or tails of what each of the above products is actually best at.Can anyone help? Offer guidance, or just simple comments?Thanks,Barry

Personally I wouldn't have gone with the mega scenery ones as the detail is lost at low levels, very important to me being a GA VFR flyer.Most of the packages you listed are a bit dated. I like the FScene by Ruud Faber, very vibrate. I also like the VFR series from what I have seen http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=JF-VFR-003 but I think it lacks autogen which is a must for me. Another beautiful one is the switzerland pro series from Fly logic, expensive, but very detailed I(lacks autogen though) http://flylogicsoftware.com/site/en/main.htmI'd sign up for a galaxy membership at FSGenisis and use that for your mesh and some landclass.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW