Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

On Opening FSX...

I have been trying to set up my new secondary computer to network with my FSX computer, and have been following several different instructions to do so, like making sure the computers are networked and sharing with each other, making sure I have the latest Simconnect files, getting ready for WideFS, etc.  But now I'm having problems with the controllers (Saitek X52) and such.  In trouble-shooting, I have noticed that when FSX loads the actual aircraft I will be flying, in the title bar at the very top, instead of saying "MS Flight Sim", the title is something like "Monitor IPC: 024C (32)=2519412" with the last set of numbers changing as I work within the sim.

I have FSInn installed but haven't really set it up yet. And I have yet to install any SimConnect or FSUIPC connectivity between the machines. So I don't know why the sim is loading with this title in the top bar. Take pity on me for being ignorant on this stuff, but I'd just like to know what's happening here. It may or may not have anything to do with the controllers, but I have to fix one thing at a time, and this is the first thing I noticed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So I researched the title and found out that it relates to multi-monitor systems. However, I don't have multiple monitors. I have been preparing to use my second PC to run other FSX apps, like EFB and FSC, and per an instructional video, I have added multiple versions of SimConnect to both my FSX computer and my other "client" rig. Could that be doing this?

Still no WideFS, although I do have the WideClient on machine #2.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg