Sign in to follow this  
Fullthrottle

Prepar3D Folder

Interesting points here about folders. I dragged prepar3d out of 86 into programme files it didn't seem to make any difference so will put it back into 86. Have any of you installed Prepar3d from the Airbus x extended disc? It asked for Microsoft simulator in the 86 folder but it couldn't find it even though I gave it the path location.

Cheers

Mike

Say what? It's not possible to install Prepar3D from the AirbusX Extended disc.

I fear you really don't know what you're talking about and attempting to do... and I'm not trying to be rude about it either.

To clarify:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X, called FSX... standalone flight simulation program.

Lockheed-Martin Prepar3D... standalone flight simulation program.

AirbusX Extended... aircraft addon that requires you have one of the above installed.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Then why is the Prepar3d option button in there below the Airbus installation button? When it says on the box it is compatible with Prepar I was surprised to see an install button for it.

That is to tell the AirbusX installer to install the AirbusX addon into Prepar3D. It does not install Prepar3D itself. You have to have Prepar3D already installed.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Got it! Thanks for clearing that up. I understand that Prepar3d has to be all on its own with nothing else in the folder is this correct?. Still finding my way around flight Sims. Great Fun!

Cheers

Mike