Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Curtiss Jenny - new 3D VC view Textures

Hi Good People,

As many of you may be aware over at the Ford Project Site last week we released a very large batch of Curtiss Jenny JN4D liveries for the Default Microsoft aircraft.

Last Sunday I decided to have a bit of a tinker with the 3D Virtual Cockpit image and convert one to match the overall livery style so that when in the VC mode your view of the aircraft textures were in sync with the theme of the aircraft instead of the default white/grey style.

Came out pretty good actually - so set myself a mission - convert all VC view for every one of the textures we have available for FREE download from the site - big job - finished them all yesterday after a solid week of graphics work.

Two images to show what I mean: First the current livery - USAAC

USAAC.jpg

Which now has this image installed for the Virtual Cockpit 3D all around view from within the VC.

USAAC-2.jpg

Every single Jenny livery on the Ford Project Site now has a graphically similiar VC view to match their overall livery theme.

The big annoying factor is that if you want to get hold of these VC texture enrichments it is best to download the livery again from the Ford Project Site - sorry - but the end result is worth it I think.

Where do you get them:http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/curtiss-jenny.htm

All free for your flight sim pleasure.

When you visit the Curtiss Jenny Page you will notice down further on the page that we are almost complete on a three pack of Camo liveries for the Jenny - will release them sometime this week - with their 3D views already done.

Regards

Garry