Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetBlue_83

Airlines: Gate and Ticket Agents

Guest jetBlue_83

Good day everyone!! I am currently studying computer information systems in college (undergrad) and the current class I am taking CIS 3400: Database Design and Implementation, has presented me with an interesting problem. The course is geared towards a final project that involves taking a real-world application of a database system and recreate that system using the methods learned in class, and other informaiton gained from speaking to those who work in that field. It's the "other" information that has my group sort confused. We agreed that our database would be a replica of the one used by airline ticketing agents. We just don't know what (if any) constraints are implemented in such a database. A general example of a constraint would be "A department MUST BE RUN BY an employee, but an employee IS NOT REQUIRED TO RUN a department". I hope that this helps clarify the situation. I thought it wise to post the question to the flightsim community seeing as there is alot of real-world involvement in aviation. Thanks for any information, tips, resources:):)!!--Ramon T---

Guest GalacticCowboy

So you mean something like, "Every passenger must have a seat, but not every seat must contain a passenger"?

Guest jetBlue_83

Exactly! The thing is, whatever we come up with has to be actually used in the real world...Thanks alot for your response, it is greatly appreciated:)!