Hello.

I have a Saitek throttle quadrant that I purchased separately from the yoke. I fly for a VA and use an ACARS systems that detects things like flap movements - and one of the axis on the tq is for flaps.

When I intend to move the flaps from any distance, lets say from flaps 1 to 0 - this happens (it is detected by ACARS) It is not a problem with the ACARS because it moves like this too in all of the aircraft that I use for FSX (NGX, Airbus X Extended, Captain Sim 757 etc) :

[10:28:33 AM] Flaps set to position 1 at 11537 feet at 273 KIAS
[10:28:33 AM] Flaps set to position 0 at 11530 feet at 273 KIAS
[10:28:33 AM] Flaps set to position 1 at 11528 feet at 273 KIAS
[10:28:33 AM] Flaps set to position 0 at 11523 feet at 273 KIAS
[10:28:33 AM] Flaps set to position 1 at 11519 feet at 273 KIAS
[10:28:34 AM] Flaps set to position 0 at 11516 feet at 273 KIAS
[10:28:34 AM] Flaps set to position 1 at 11509 feet at 272 KIAS
[10:28:34 AM] Flaps set to position 0 at 11506 feet at 272 KIAS
[10:28:35 AM] Flaps set to position 1 at 11492 feet at 272 KIAS
[10:28:35 AM] Flaps set to position 0 at 11487 feet at 272 KIAS
[10:28:39 AM] Flaps set to position 1 at 11433 feet at 269 KIAS

Does anybody know why this is happening and a possible fix? It's getting annoying,,,Thanks!

EDIT : I went to update the drivers and tested the tq --> Even when it is not moving, I can see it the shaking on the axis.

Even when it is not moving, I can see it the shaking on the axis.

yep....Saitek is renowned for this problem.. i have it with all my axis in my throttle quadrant. Its the the pots Saitek used, whitch are extremly low quality. i have taken mine apart and cleaned the pots....but after a short while the same problem returned.

I move mine up and down mutiple times in quick succesion and it makes it managable for the throttle.

FSUIPC has a feature to stop the spiking, but not useing it i cannot advise..

Give moveing them up and a several times a try...you may clear the dust/static from the pot...but it will return.

heres how to clean them.. :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOw9Cu_-cEI

Luke Pype

Greetings,

As a guess, I'd say the flap 0 zone is too small OR the zone between the flap settings is too small. I use FSUIPC, not the Saitek Drivers, and in order to get the flaps to work correctly I need to set a minimum size for both the flap detent zone and the space between the detents.

So, fully retracted might be 1600 - 1500, the space between detents 1499 - 1300, Flap 1 detent 1299 - 1200, next space 1199 - 1000 .... And so on. These numbers were made up to give an example as I'm on the iPad, not my gaming PC. FSUIPC uses a range of about +1630 to -1630 and can handle ten flap detents, though I'm a GA type and so far have only programmed 5 total.

I hope this might help. Slightly wider detent zones make the spikes less likely to interfere with the flaps staying put and the "transit zones" on either side further protect your flap settings and make it easier to engage them.

Respectfully,

Brian

Greetings,

As a guess, I'd say the flap 0 zone is too small OR the zone between the flap settings is too small. I use FSUIPC, not the Saitek Drivers, and in order to get the flaps to work correctly I need to set a minimum size for both the flap detent zone and the space between the detents.

So, fully retracted might be 1600 - 1500, the space between detents 1499 - 1300, Flap 1 detent 1299 - 1200, next space 1199 - 1000 .... And so on. These numbers were made up to give an example as I'm on the iPad, not my gaming PC. FSUIPC uses a range of about +1630 to -1630 and can handle ten flap detents, though I'm a GA type and so far have only programmed 5 total.

I hope this might help. Slightly wider detent zones make the spikes less likely to interfere with the flaps staying put and the "transit zones" on either side further protect your flap settings and make it easier to engage them.

Respectfully,

Brian

Brian,

Thank you for the help :) I will try your method and report back with results! Much appreciated!

Wesley

Greetings,

Respectfully,

Brian

I forgot to mention - the axis that is having issues will not be used for flaps - this is just temporary. It will be used for a throttle soon. Should I use that same method?