Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

Vans 717

Guest Wills402

Save your money Dave, I wish I had. The FMC is the default gps in disguise and 90% of the keys are just eye candy, they do nothing. The VC screenshots look much better on their website than they do on my computer. The model is nice and has little extras like stairs, fuel trucks etc but the panel is why I buy payware aircraft and this one really let me down. I have a better freeware 717 panel in my hanger. I read the manual that I downloaded from their website first and it "led" me to believe that this was a functioning FMC and it's not. I looked on their support forum and its a ghost town. so long story short. This purchase was a mistake.Will

Guest RiddlePilot

No offense, but with the exception of Dreamfleet and FSD (and others on that level of proven success), any company that pumps out an aircraft every 3 to 6 months with little to no publicity on its developmental process is MORE THAN LIKELY going to be a flop in the eyes of a simmer looking for an advanced cockpit.Wow, that was a long sentence, but I think I avoided any run-ons.

I wish I waited for the reviews, but I jumped the gun and got bit. THE FMC LOOKED SO NICE. Little did I know it was eye candy, you can't program it!! Then tried to start the APU, the switch just turns on and off and no mention of the apu running on the efis display. Well bye bye $30US almost $40cdn. I knew I should have bought the b1900c.I'm more at myself I've been around long enough, I thought I could spot a lemmon.Dave FisherCYYZP4 2.8 GB 478P 533 MHZ CPUP4P800S Asus Motherboard768 DDRGeforce Ti 4200/128Maxtor 40 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest RiddlePilot

I feel the same way about the SSW A310. I spent darn near 50 bucks on this supposed "Master's Edition". This thing has potential to be a legend if the developers would 1) communicate with the customer in more than 2 sentence posts on their forum (which only happen once a month) and 2) stick to a deadline and deliver what they promise in a patch. I bought the thing in its 1.3 stage under the assumption that there as a failure module included. Nope, not a hint of it. I also figured that what few bugs were remaining were not show stoppers and I could still fly it enjoyably. Again, nope, she flew like an F-14 on steroids.Anyway, on to my point. I think from now on I'm only purchasing from the ones that have proven themselves time and time again, unless something catches my eye and has nothing but positive reviews (Aerosoft's upcoming Cheyenne comes to mind). Maybe we as a community should send the message that either those borderline and below-the-line payware companies either shape up or ship out of the industry. To do this, we demand trial versions (time limited, they had them in FS98 and 2000, why not now?), we don't purchase until we hear good reviews from either those that purchased and found the systems far too complicated and realistic (a novice simmer) or a review at a trusted site like AVSIM (a company would send a copy to an AVSIM staff reporter for an un-biased and in-depth review).Far too many people have been scammed and mislead by the aforementioned, yet un-named companies. It seems to be a never ending loop of stories, and it is about time it be stopped.