Sign in to follow this  
Chok

PMDG 737 - Problem with heading select.

Hello everyone.

I am experiencing a problem with my PMDG 737-800 NGX, the problem appeared suddenly and i can confirm that it has worked before, as in two weeks ago, i have not installed any addons or changed anything to my setup in the time between it working and not working, but the problem does not occur if i load one of the tutorial flights, i have tried to check if there is any difference between the aircraft setup configuration in the tutorial flight and when i load the plane in freeflight but i have not been able to find any difference yet.

When i choose heading select it consistently flies 3-5 degrees to the right of the heading i put into the MCP.

The problem does not appear when i select LNAV.

I appreciate any help/advice.

Best regards.

Frederik Pedersen.

Frederik Pedersen

You probably have track up display and your ND shows track. Track is the direction of flying, and heading is the direction of airplane's nose.

In normal flight difference between this two is caused by crosswind component. Airplane's trajectory is moved into direction of the wind.

In tutorial flight it is recommended to use default weather with insignificant wind that's why there is no shift angle.

You probably have track up display and your ND shows track. Track is the direction of flying, and heading is the direction of airplane's nose.

In normal flight difference between this two is caused by crosswind component. Airplane's trajectory is moved into direction of the wind.

In tutorial flight it is recommended to use default weather with insignificant wind that's why there is no shift angle.

I tested this with clear skies and there was no problem, thank you for your help.

Frederik Pedersen