Sign in to follow this  
Kangaby

Ignore - TrackIR does not recognise OpusFSX 3.50.2

Hi Guys,

Just upgraded OpusFSX to the latest 3.50.2 from 3.44.? and TrackIR software is no longer detecting the title OpusFSX is running.

Previous configuration options are still in place and Enable TrackIR is ticked.

The bar at the top of the Opus software says Opus FSI Server - .... 3.50.2 not Opus FSX Server - .... 3.50.2.

I don't know if this is an indication of the problem. Unfortunately I didn't save the previous installer, so I can't check what the previous one said.

Has the name that the TrackIR software uses to determine the title changed accidently in this version.

I also tried the OpusFSI demo as well and TrackIR doesn't recognise this either, but TrackIR doesn't contain a title OpusFSI, so that was expected.

Thanks in advance,

Edit: Just pulled a copy of the 3.44.2 upgrade from my backup server, and TrackIR is now picking up the title.

Still says Opus FSI Server ... in the title bar, though.

Edit 2: Just ran the whole uninstall of 3.44.2 and install of 3.50.2 again, and now it's happy.

Can't explain that, but all is well now.

You just need to check the FSXSERVER Configure dialog and enable your TrackIR options. Also check all other dialogs and probably best to set defaults in them. You could also check all the TrackIR set up steps, rename manifest files etc. this will have to be redone if ever you update TrackIR or its drivers.

In your case it simply sounds as though you need to enable the TrackIR options in the FSXSERVER Configure dialog.

Stephen :-)

P.S.

You may have corrupted the Configure settings so I should still check those dialogs, make sure all options are as they should be, set all weather defaults etc.