Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

Time

If you change the airport to a local one in your default situation this problem goes away (or at least it did for me).I think if you make a new startup flight, once the problem goes away, "after changing airports", it will probably stay fixed. In my case, the problem was purely the local/GMT split...It wasn't changing the normal CST 6 hour difference, to the 5 hour CDTdifference. IE: I'd crank up the sim at daybreak, and the sim would be an hour ahead of where it should be as far as sun position. Kindaweird...I guess a quirk with fs2004...I'd never had that problem with previous versions...But I get it every time they change time in the spring/fall...I remember getting the same thing last fall...Does anyone else get this problem? As far as windows, it seems to change. I tried other programs, and they saw the change. Also, Sisoft sandra also reported me being at "daylight time". So it seems to be a quirk of fs2004, rather than windows...But anyway, I found, once you get it "normal", if you save a new startupflight, using those "fixed" conditions, it should cure the problem at startup. The method I stated in the earlier post will correct the typeproblem I had. MK

Guest cseidel

Harry,I did change to a local airport, and you are right this does correct the problem. I was hopping to keep Seattle as the default and have the sim show the correct time at that airport. I guess this is notpossible.Chuck

I was hopping to keep Seattle as the default and have the sim show the correct time at that airport. I guess this is notpossible..........?>>>>>>>>>>>Sure it is...When you have the sim timed normal, IE: after changingairports, or reloading the startup as a "previous flight" ,go to Seattle and save a new startup flight. That *should* work. MK