Sign in to follow this  
richzep

GTX 780 Ti with 2nd lower video card crashing FSX - suggestions on 2nd card?

Hello all,

I upgraded my flight simulaor with this new build to run everything on one computer but I am having problems adding a 2nd lower power video card to run two more monitors that I want to use for all gauges and GPS ( Emetuq GNS 530). FSX crashes or flickers on the screens like crazy I have determined that the 2nd lesser power card is conflicting with the 780 Ti power/drivers. I have the 780 Ti in the main 16 GB slot and the smaller card in the 8 GB slot. my question - Is there any graphics cards out there that will work with the 780 Ti so i can run 6 monitors total without the crashing issue?  FYI - I have been thru 3 different graphics cards and had no luck.   

here is my computer specs:  

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Boxed Processor – overclock 4.4- 5.0 ghz

ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 LGA1150 ATX Intel Motherboard

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer Cooling System

16GB DDR3 2133 PC3-17000 (2x8GB, 1.5V)

3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti, GDDR5, PCIe

Thermaltake 750W 80+ Active PFC Power Supply

Crucial M550 512GB MLC SATA  - MAIN DRIVE

Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 1TB MLC SSD – 2ND DRIVE

24X DVD Burner

Zalman Z1 case

Windows 7 Professional x64

4 monitors with GTX 780 Ti - one 27" wide for sim plates etc., the other three 27" wide for main view during flight.

2 monitors - 2nd card - to run gauges on a 24" LCD and a custom Emuteq GPS - GNS 530 monitor that runs VGA connection / USB.

Hardware - PFC yoke, Saitek rudder pedals, GoFlight modules - EFIS, MCP-PRO, various GoFlight modules, custom 172 R master switch panel, brake switch, fuel switch from REALISM

Software: FSX, GSX ground, A2A Accumsim 172 , other aircraft, missions, FSUIPC, WIDEFS, REX overdrive in separate folder on main drive, GA Panel software, Active SKY. GPS software ( Reality XP) - to run on GNS 530 by Emuteq

Any suggestions on my upgrade would be appreciated but most importantly I need to find a 2nd graphics card that will work with my set with no more crahsing issues. I have been reading and working the FSX Bible to run as smooth as possible I am not worried about FPS just smoothness overall. This build is to help with my basic training to prepare for my real flight training to Private Pilot.

Richard

Atlanta, GA.