Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haztronic

Sound from my monitor

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the sound coming from my asus 27inch monitor, i have none! I use a dvi cable from the desktop to my monitor, and i used to have a pair of logitech speakers which worked fine, but now I no longer have them. How do I get sound from my desktop to monitor? Do i need some type of other cable? I tried an aux chord but that didn't work either.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the sound coming from my asus 27inch monitor, i have none! I use a dvi cable from the desktop to my monitor, and i used to have a pair of logitech speakers which worked fine, but now I no longer have them. How do I get sound from my desktop to monitor? Do i need some type of other cable? I tried an aux chord but that didn't work either.

Thanks!

That AUX chord should work assuming you have plugged it into the right sockets and selected the correct playback device in your Windows sound configuration. Also make sure the sound for that device has not been turned way down or muted.

HDMI (combined video/audio) might be a neater solution if your monitor has that input.

gb.