Sign in to follow this  
memorgan

saitek pro flight panels and x52 all died

Im a newbie to this forum, but already feel that this is a good place to visit regularly. I have picked up a lot just browsing so far, and now to my weird problem. I recently bought a new pc. Z87 mobo, i7 4770 @4.4ghz, 16gb ram, 500gbssd, 250gb ssd and a couple of 1tb spinners. Gtx770 2gb. Win 7 64bit.

When I first had this, everything worked fine. Im using 5 22" monitors, 3 on th2go. Then I started getting bsod. I checked these with event viewer and was reliably informed there was a hardware error (0124). I noticed at the time that the gpu fans would ramp up just befoer the crash. I eventually got the system builder to take a look. They said there had been a sata cable interfering with one of the 3 fans on the gpu.

When I got the machine back, my saitek multipanel, radio, switch panel and x52 wouldnt work. These were connected via a powered usb hub. I tried each item individually an various usb ports, and also on my laptop. None of them were detected by windows, and there was no indication from them that they were connected.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened please? I am now selling my kids, the cat and dogs on ebay to replace all this stuff, but im not keen on plugging anything in until I have an idea what went wrong. Thanks for the help.