Sign in to follow this  
Elias Carella

problem with Airbus X

Hello everyone,

First of all I hope I'm on the good category for what I have to ask, if not I'll gladly move the subject to the appropriate one.

This being said I recently confronted a problem with my airbus X (a320). I was flying on IVAO doing an approach vectored by ATC to go and catch an ILS landing. ATC did a good job vectoring me and I heard the vocal alert saying "localizer capted" and "localizer alive" (or something along those lines I don't remember exactly) but my plane did not "follow" the localizer as it should have. I did it alot of time on various flight and it didn't failed me so I don't think it could be a human error of my own and this happened at least 3 or 4 times. Does anyone know what could've caused this ?

Thank you very much

What did the FMA display?  It should go from LOC* (STAR) to LOC.   Always understand and follow the FMA, it tells you exactly what the aircraft is trying to do.

Rob Prest

Ok so it was my fault I think, I just retried it diferently and it worked... So maybe someone can confirm that this is what I need to do (I guess I'm confused because I also fly the PMDG alot) ?

1:enter and verify ILS frequency and course

2:when close to the localizer click on the "ls" button right next to the FD one

3: when on range to the localizer (localizer alive) click on the "LOC" button

4:when the vertical path indicator start moving click on the "APP" button

sorry for the kinda noobish question

Ok so it was my fault I think, I just retried it diferently and it worked... So maybe someone can confirm that this is what I need to do (I guess I'm confused because I also fly the PMDG alot) ?

1:enter and verify ILS frequency and course

2:when close to the localizer click on the "ls" button right next to the FD one

3: when on range to the localizer (localizer alive) click on the "LOC" button

4:when the vertical path indicator start moving click on the "APP" button

sorry for the kinda noobish question

Normal procedure is to just hit APP.  ILS should be autotuned, you only have to verify in the MCDU that the correct freq is tuned in.

LS button can be pushed at any time, it simply displays the LOC & G/S on your PFD

Rob Prest