Sign in to follow this  
RodBorza

F-35B on Prepar3d?

Hello all,

I have Dino Cattaneo's F-35B and C models on FSX working perfectly.

i tried to port them to Prepar3D v2.4 by copying their folders into P3d SimObjects/Airplanes folders, and by copying the respctive airplanes files on the FSX Effects folder to P3D Effects folder, but still it is not working.

The issue is that P3D does not show the B and C models on the vehicle list.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be happening? I think that P3D is seeing the B and C models as AI aircraft.

If that's so, how can I change it?

Thanks! 

And to answer my own question:

Looking around the P3D forums, I found out that many people were asking how to make a AI aircraft become a flyable one on P3D.

Thing is that what one got to do is to copy the panel folder from FSx into P3D.

I tried doing the same with the F-35B and it worked. However, I had no sound.

Then I looked on Dino's F-35A folder: all the sound files, the panels and STVOL configuration of the F-35B were there.

My mistake was that I was porting only the F-35B and F-35C into P3D, and not porting the F-35A since it is already present as a default aircraft on P3D.

Big mistake.

The problem is that the .cfg files on the B and C models folders look into the A model folder for their panel and sound files.

Then I ported the FSX F-35A folder into P3D, and now the B model works, with STVOL capability and everything.

In order not mess up with Prepar3D, the default is originally named F35A. So, I pasted it with the name F-35A. Now on the vehicle list I have the default F35A, and all the Dino's models for the A, b and C models. And all working fine. The difference is that the default A model will have its publisher listed as AlphaFoxtEcho and all others as Dino cattaneo's.

Very simple, very clever.

I 'll let this post here as reference for anyone trying to do the same. Lots of fun with Dino Cattaneo's aircraft!