Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Saved Flights not showing under Load Flight and some mission flights

I suddenly have an issue with P3D (v2.4).. it seems that none of my saved flights are showing up under Saved Flights.. I only see a handful of missions, mostly 3rd party ones.. none of the newer missions (which exist under the p3d directory like the ones under "Emergency") are showing.. none of my saved flights (and there are many)..  Also.. if i save a current flight then go to load it again, its also not showing up (though the fxml file is created).

Has anyone ran into this one?

Thanks

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I've isolated the issue to being on the drive i have dedicated to prepar3d (the installation).. its not the config files on the local OS drive.. 

I have reinstalled fresh on another partition, tested, all flights show up in the load flight area when pointing at that partition, but when i point to my v2.4 installation it only shows a handful of missions (none from prepar3d) and None of my flights ( i have many in the documents folder)..

Closer but not quite

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I would check the XML files in the "categories" directory. Those control which mission categories show up. You shouldn't need to edit the original "FSCategories.xml", but you can create additional XML-files in that folder. I don't know exactly how they must be build. For normal missions the <Title> has to be the folder name in the mission directory. Don't know which IDs to use, I just copied missing categories from the FSX file to another one...

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

I would check the XML files in the "categories" directory. Those control which mission categories show up. You shouldn't need to edit the original "FSCategories.xml", but you can create additional XML-files in that folder. I don't know exactly how they must be build. For normal missions the <Title> has to be the folder name in the mission directory. Don't know which IDs to use, I just copied missing categories from the FSX file to another one...

That was a right on observation.. it was indeed the Categories folder.. more precisely one of the xml files must have been either changed or corrupted when addons were installed before.. now everything, tutorials included, shows up when I use the "clean" version of the same file.. along with all my saved flights.. this has probably been this way for a while, i just never noticed since i load most things from windows explorer.