Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

Best C172R Checklist (Free)?

Hello,

I'm looking for the best C172 checklist for the A2A C172R that is freeware - I take lessons in a flying school but I don't have the checklist yet. What's the best one in your opinion? Thanks.

I think the A2A C172 manual has a very good checklist (actually, "Normal Procedures," I believe). That's the one I use.

Alternatively, I really like the free checklists on this site: http://freechecklists.net/simchecklists.asp . There's one for the default Cessna 172SP for FSX, and the formatting is really nice. But it's probably not as comprehensive as the Normal Procedures in the A2A C172 manual.

NOTE (just in case :): I would use neither of the above for real-world flying!!!

Also, if you want to dish out a few dollars, CheckMate Aviation has checklists for popular GA aircraft that seem to be highly regarded by flight simmers: http://www.checkmateaviation.com/ .

For a preview of how these look, see this page for the Cessna 150 CheckMate checklist on Amazon

I suggest to ask for checklist in your school. I believe they have to give you SOP, POH and Checklist.

Oh ok. Thanks! I haven't taken many lessons yet (just two) so could that be a reason? They gave my the checklist for a 152.

Another vote for the school list. The generic lists I've seen on the web are OK as far as they go but if you're doing this to supplement your real world flying then it is essential for you to be in synch with what you're being taught. Remember that you must READ and CHECK not RETCITE but do learn the lists for taxi checks and downwind early on.

Best of luck with your training.

Z

Another vote for the school list. The generic lists I've seen on the web are OK as far as they go but if you're doing this to supplement your real world flying then it is essential for you to be in synch with what you're being taught. Remember that you must READ and CHECK not RETCITE but do learn the lists for taxi checks and downwind early on.

Best of luck with your training.

Z

Thank you very much for the input :)