Sign in to follow this  

ShadowPlay no go for 4K (3840 x 2160) ...

I was testing out recording at 3840 x 2160 using ShadowPlay (driver v344.48) as nVidia indicated this is now "fixed" and will support 4K with bit rates up to 130 Mbps.

My ShadowPlay options don't list 2160p (only show 720p, 1080p, 1440p) but do list "in game" ... so set to "in game" and 30 fps ... there is no option for 130 Mbps only 50 Mbps so not sure what nVidia are describing here.  Anyway, I proceed to capture a flight at what should be 3840 x 2160.  Then I bring up the video for playback and it's only 2560 x 1440 ??

I'm using HDMI v1.4 port which does support 4K at 30Hz RGB (30 fps) which is a perfect match for my setup ... but ShadowPlay doesn't seem to work with this setup, I'm gonna guess it'll only record 4K if I'm using DisplayPort 1.2 port on the Titan Black?

Anyone else get ShadowPlay to work at 4K res (as in actually record/capture at 4K res)?  If so, can you share you insight/hardware setup?

Thanks, Rob.

4K recording only works with the GTX 970 and above, I'm afraid.

The best I can get with my GTX 670 is 1440p @ 30 FPS or 1080p at 60 FPS (50mbps for both).