Sign in to follow this  
Emerald

A320 queries

Hello all,

1)I'm using Wilco A320 Evo in FS9. I've always thought TOGA gives you full power, but today, I noticed I only get about 92% of thrust at TOGA. If I use the FLEX detent and set the FLEX temperature to 1 in the MCDU, I get about 102.5% of thrust; all this during sky clear conditions. Why is it the thrust I get at TOGA is so much lower? Is it normal? Could there be any settings in the MCDU that affects this?

2) When I input a flight plan in the MCDU, If I select a cruise level, the departure airport listed on the FPL page of the MCDU gets replaced by this line: (DECEL) and then when I takeoff and engage NAV, the plane doesn't really stay on the right track. What exactly does this mean?

3) Is it possible to use the rudder during AP-controlled landings to counter crosswind? If I do it, the AP disengages.

4) It seems to me that the ALT managed mode doesn't always work. Sometimes the plane will climb to the assigned altitude in the MCDU and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it does respect the assigned speed/altitude limit (250kts/10000ft for instance) and sometimes it doesn't. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you very much!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sign in to follow this