Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Reinstall problem...

I decided I needed to clean up my FSX/FTX/Orbx installation by uninstalling FSX and reisntalling everything again.

I uninstalled last evening.  This afternoon I reinstalled FSX and everything semmed to go well.  It instralled and registered.

But when I start it up I get 4 error messages:

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsgux\ant\Scenery) in Scenery Area.121 not found.

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsugx\nam\Scenery) in Scenery Area122 not found.

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsugx\csa\Scenery) in Scenery Area 123 not found.

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsugx\Local Meshes) in Scenery Area 124 not found.

This is a clean install after an uninstall of everything.  This is a barebones FSX right out of the box with nothing added yet right after registering it.

I have no C:\fsugx\...directory on the system.

Scenery areas 121, 122, 123 1nd 124 do show up in the scenery library.

The simulator seems to work alright.  If I go to Fly Now I end up where I should, in the Trike over Puget Sound and everything looks normal.

Anybody know what's going on here and how to fix it?

Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I got an answer from the Flightsim.com forum that solved the problem.  For dummies like me be sure to to delete the scenery.cfg file in C:/ Program Data/Microsoft/FSX before renstalling the system.  I never knew it existed.  I just deleted it and when I restarted FSX it build a new one.  It all works now.

Noel