Sign in to follow this  
Guest Von Muller

FS Addon Manager? Think 2x before buying... Part II

Guest Von Muller

A little more then a month ago I posted a message here warning others about my bad experiences while purchasing (or trying to purchase) this addon. The original one is here, take a look at it first:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...9&mesg_id=11719Now I have seen in another flightsim website a note announcing they are back and have developed a newer version of the software. At the same time the developer informs he had been ill and unfortunately spent the last couple of months in the hospital. Since he indeed seems to run the business alone he could not tend to the issue of some keys not having been sent to a few customers, mine being the case. I contacted him via their forum and he said I have been refunded as I asked for.Well, why am I posting this here? For two reasons;First, I used this media to complain and, as I said in my original post, "to warn others about this". In the same way, now that we have an explanation of what happened, fare is fare and I am again using it to let people know. No, the company did not shut it's doors, the developer is still there, and they are still taking orders and delivering. I knew how to post a message complaining and warning others and in the same way I know how to post here when the case is solved. Second, while it may seem now unfair to say things about someone that is in a hospital bed, it was a fact that during this period no information was released at all. And the worst case was by part of SWREG that is NOT a one man business and never provided any form of feedback despite what is written on their website that if a developer did not answer in three days they would do so. Anyway, if a newer version was developed in the period, then a simple forum post, or an e-mail to buyers, or a press release could have been issued at least to inform us. If there had been any message about the developers condition, we would have prayed for him to get better instead. But it was not the case and the lack of information led me and others to not be able to figure out what was happening. After all, how many one person companies do you know of? What is the probability of TWO companies being a one man only business. In fact SWREG is not and they claim to be the 'oldest online vendor' over the web and while I now have an explanation as to why the developer did not answer I cannot yet figure out why didn't THEY provide me with some feedback.I thought it was fare to post this here now to, again, let you know about the facts.The company is still there, there is nothing dishonest about them, it is NOT a scam and as far as I am concerned, my case is solved.Regards,Marcelo M