Sign in to follow this  
mifra

LUA Error - loading module

Hello Friends,

since today, LINDA fails to start. Every time I try to start LINDA with FSX I get this message:

[E] *** LUA Error: error loading module 'linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/confing-mcp' from file 'D:\00 Flight Simulator X\modules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/config-mcp.lua' : Simulator X\modules\linda-cfg/aircraft/PMDG 737NGX/config-mcp.lua:631: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 598) near 'FRE1' Advanced Weather Interface enabled

I deinstalled LINDA completely and reinstalled the newest version - no success. I deinstalled and reinstalled the older version - no success.

If I start LINDA alone, all buttons etc. are working as expectet and there are no error-messages in LINDA itselft.

Anyone out there who can share valuable clues? Would b nice!

Thanks in advance

Michl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Michi

I assume you are using LINDA 2.5.  There was an error in the original download which was correctly corrected. Try a fresh download.  If that does not fix the problem. Rename your \PDMG 737NGX\config-mcp.lua file, make a copy of the config-mcp.default file (in same folder) and rename to config-mcp.lua.

Let me how you get on.

Hi ScotFlieger,

thank's for your advice, but unfortunately it's not working. Meanwhile I deleted and installed FSUIPC and tried several combinations of LINDA older/newer version and FSUIPC - no success. For years LINDA was working (incl. VRinsight MCP and some DIY-panels) as expected and I observed no failures. In the last weeks or so I installed a lot of additional hardware (overhead panel for example) and configured it per ARCAZE software (German manufacturer). The ARCAZE configurator and LINDA recognised the miscellaneous knobs and switches perfectly but - nasty surprise - LINDA and FSX wont work together. I'm a little bit helpless and desperate.

Thank's for taking care,

Michl

Hi Michl

Can you PM me a copy of your config-mcp.lua file?  I know where your error message is being caused and I would like to get you up-and-running.

Is the ARCAZE software running alongside LINDA or is it just for setting up your hardware?  It can help to disconnect your add-on devices except for a joystick and MCP panel and re-connect one-at-a-time to see which triggers any fault.

Hi ScotFlieger,

thanks for your help - but I did it the hard way: complete deinstallation of FSUIPC and LINDA and a fresh and clean installation thereafter! Laborious and time-consuming, but successful - till now at least. Some minor glitches here and there, but I think I'm on the right way to a functioning cockpit environment.

Best wishes from Franconia, Germany, a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Michl