Sign in to follow this  
mfkillen

Vox not recognizing Helicopter.

Not sure if its a requirement to load up a saved flight with flight plan in order for fox to actually recognize helicopter vs airplane. Can someone confirm this please. Sitting on heli pad Vox should recognize and give clearance to depart at pilots discretion, instead a helicopter getting taxi instructions to follow taxi way..

Suggestion please

Mark

Vox should recognize and give clearance to depart at pilots discretion, instead a helicopter getting taxi instructions to follow taxi way..

Suggestion please

Mark

I believe you are correct, on the other hand, I believe that helicopters are required from time to time to hover taxi to a departure area. Good coordination practice anyway

:-)

"helicopter getting taxi instructions to follow taxi way.."

Yep, ground control can tell the aircraft / helo / airport vehicles trucks/cars etc exactly what to do.

And tower will also ......

They have to control all traffic.

"Not sure if its a requirement to load up a saved flight with flight plan in order for fox to actually recognize helicopter vs airplane."

I checked the VOXatc manual and I did not see the word helocopter or helo mentioned at all.

Did you see it in any of the product promos, intros, or product videos?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vox well and truly does rotarys, I fly the dodo, it's very challenging tuning radios and balancing on a basketball at the same time :-)