Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

I think I may have found my OOM issue and fixed it.

After extensive OOM issues and many test scenarios I found the biggest gain in beating this problem, of course this was my system and yours may not be resolved the same way.
The following was a reply post I made in another thread.

Well I managed to finally get a complete flight from KLAX to KSFO in my CS777 without an OOM after making a few changes.

I created a saved flight to bypass the scenario startup menu
Removed the .bgl files in question per Robs advice
Turned off FTX Hybrid mode
Turned off Global trees
Turned off Panel serialization in P3d
Turned off Air Traffic Manager and not just lower the settings
I lowered my overclock speed from 4.6 to 4.3

I did each step separately and rebooted between each test.
I will now turn on Air Traffic Manager and start off with minimal ai and see how that responds.

Fast forward to today!

I have Air Traffic Manager running with a limit of 35 ai in the air and I did receive a ping but no OOM so I know I was getting close.

I still had no weather option selected.

I decided to go back to an earlier NVidia driver 337.88 from 344.65 and see what could happen, this was a shot in the dark but I had pretty good results when I did use this driver.

The results were immediate, no OOM and no pings.

I restarted the computer again and this time I used the startup screen and chose these options

CS777 for the aircraft

P3d default weather called Building Storms

departed from KLAX FSDreamTeam

going to KSFO FlightBeam

I new that if I used the startup screen I would use more VAS but I took the chance.

Once everything loaded I realized the CS777 yoke was locked (I need to find a fix for this) and I knew I had too choose another aircraft that was running before I could go back to the CS777 and doing this would take additional VAS.

Back to the CS777 and sitting on 25R.

I had a bad feeling about this flight but I decided to see how far I could get before the OOM.

Off I went, started my climb, turned on the AP and I decided to add an additional VAS using option, the GPS.

I figured I wouldn't get any more than 50% into this flight before disaster would strike but I was wrong.

I was able to complete the full flight into KSFO and parked at a gate with out a PING.....  

So even with the bad choices and additional VAS using options I had a tense full flight but I was still able to land.... B)

Nick Sciortino