Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

Approach Ref Page

Hi,

When I fly the 767, after climb, I see that my Approach page shows up when I press INIT REF. The thing is, it shows information for the approach to my departure airport and departure runway!

Ex...I am flying JFK-BOS. I took off JFK 4L, and am climbing now. I selected 22L at BOS.

The approach reference page shows information for the ILS 4L at JFK.

What am I doing wrong? :/

When I fly the 767, after climb, I see that my Approach page shows up when I press INIT REF. The thing is, it shows information for the approach to my departure airport and departure runway!

Ex...I am flying JFK-BOS. I took off JFK 4L, and am climbing now. I selected 22L at BOS.

Hi, Cathay340,

Not at my FSX computer for a few days, but I believe you need to wait until you are closer to your destination airport. You need to use the CDU to set up destination information, but it may not allow it until you are closer to your destination. Then you will be able to select destination arrivals, final approaches and runways. Also, I think that you can select the destination info on the ground before you activate your flight plan. The FMC logic is that, once airborne if you have a problem, you will want to return to your departure airport.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Cathay340,

Not at my FSX computer for a few days, but I believe you need to wait until you are closer to your destination airport. You need to use the CDU to set up destination information, but it may not allow it until you are closer to your destination. Then you will be able to select destination arrivals, final approaches and runways. Also, I think that you can select the destination info on the ground before you activate your flight plan. The FMC logic is that, once airborne if you have a problem, you will want to return to your departure airport.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your information. I tried it and all went well - it worked! :) Your help is much appreciated!

CathayA340

Just to tie this up -- the Level-D FCOM p79 details the exact conditions for display of the arrival airfield data:

3- Runway Length: The length in feet and meters of the selected departure or arrival runway. The reference airport is shown in small type above the data box. The departure runway length is displayed until the lesser of 400 miles from the departure airport or halfway to the destination. Otherwise, the runway length for the arrival runway in the active route is displayed.

4- Frequency and Course: The ILS frequency and approach course for the selected runway is displayed here and at the 5R position. The frequency shown is for the departure runway until the lesser of 400 miles from the departure airport or halfway to the destination. Otherwise, the frequency and course for the arrival runway in the active route are displayed.