Sign in to follow this  
Taufik1945

do not have com ports

Hi Scot,

Linda is asking what com port do I have and I discover that I do not have a com ports. But I do have USB ports, if I go to Device Manager, then Human Interface Devises, I have there so many HID and USB Devices. The Question is what to do to satisfy linda to work properly.I heard that a new update of lind is coming soon with more improvement can you please advice when? My computer is about one year old and I do know that much that new computer do not have any longer com ports any more. Can you please advice me what to do.

Happy new year

Taufik 

Hi Tsufik

The Com port relates to the VRInsight MCP panel connection. If do not have one then go to the Settings / MCP setup and untick the Enable checkbox. Then close and restart FSX and LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot,

Thank you for your respond, one thing I could not understand what is VRInsight MCP panel, can you please explain. I do have the B737,B747,B777,A320,A380 and all the PMDG and Airbus Extended ones plus the default fsx ones, do you mean the panel of the aircraft. now you have version 2.5.6 if I want to install this version I have to delete the 2.5.5. or I can just override it, and as you advised to assign the throttles with fsupic and buttons with linda.can I assign the Buttons in  same aircraft with fsupic and Linda or it will have interference with each other. What is MCP standing for? is that a software like PMDG.For those aircrafts I have is that necessary to activate MCP Combo in Linda, please advise. sory Scot for all these Questions I am a new member and I am lerning more and more about Linda. I believe Linda is a great software when I will have everything sorted out. 

Regards

Taufik 

Hi Taufik

Thank you for your questions and complements. LINDA is an outstanding piece of software design. I only discovered it myself earlier in the year and am happy to support it and users for the time being.

VRInsight in a Korean company that manufactures a range of integrated console hardware for FSX.  Their Combo MCP panels form the basis of LINDA with 2 current variants: Combo II MCP (Boeing) and FCU (Airbus).  Users can change key autopilot and radio inputs manually without having to use the mouse in the simulated cockpit on screen.  You can see more information on their website.  There are a number of companies producing similar equipment but only a limited number are supported by LINDA. Basically, if it installs as a joystick and has a button, you can use LINDA to add specific functions and operations to it.

Each version of LINDA is designed to 'drop' into the \FSX\ root folder and overwrite all the key files. All you need to do is tick the apply to all checkbox and confirm the first overwrite.  Taking a Backup first is STRONGLY advised.  The main installation has been modified to avoid overwriting user's previous configuration files.  If you have no previous setup, LINDA will create a baseline for you from the supplied defaults.  No changes are made to FSUIPC setups: all axis and buttons set up in FSUIPC remain the same. However, be advised that conflicts can occur if the same button is programmed in FSX, FSUIPC and/or LINDA.

A wide range of LINDA aircraft modules are available and more are being added all the time.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew