Sign in to follow this  
bert.laverman

Saitek Cessna Yoke Hat switch only UP works?

I got a new Yoke today and started configuring the buttons, when I noticed that the Hat switch only generated a response for the UP position. If I check in FSUIPC all directions are available as joystick buttons. Linda (freshly downloaded 2.5.7) will recognize the Hat switch as such, but only the UP (and CENTER) positions generate a focus in the configuration dialog.

Anyone any ideas what might be the problem?

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well spotted Bert. I had the same problems with my CH stick and yoke. The third-party code used by LINDA is at fault and does not return the expected values for the HAT positions. I am looking at a fix in the next update.

My best advice is to either use FSX POV or FSUIPC for programming you HAT.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the update, I'll survive until your update. ;-)

Could I ask you about the Saitek FIP? I used Linda v1 until recently and noticed the FIP is recognised in 2.5.7 and all buttons/knobs (apart from the up/down ones the driver keeps walled off) show up in the configuration. Saitek themselves are not going to put in any work on the driver for the foreseeable future, but some DCS enthusiast managed to get the display working from Lua. Do you know if this is an possibility with Linda? I'ld love to ditch the Saitek XML gauge parser and was working on my own, if only because the Saitek software doesn't allow you to pin specific gauges to specific FIPs. If you have more than one, it's a toss-up which gauge will be shown where. 

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Bert

Regarding the Saitek Flight Instrument Panels (FIP), Artem provided me with some code for 2.5.x that should allow LINDA to treat the FIP as a button only panel. There is no control over the output/display.  There are no plans at the moment for the FIP but I with the help of others looking at the Saitek Radio, Multi and Switch Panels for possible inclusion.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew