Sign in to follow this  
flymikele

Question about radio altimeter configuration on takeoff

Hello guys,

in out 737 NGX is possible have a radioaltimeter for takeoff like as this in the video attached below?

I mean for the first 1000ft RA have the circular indicator because in landing this is possible (for last 1000ft RA), and in takeoff at the moment i have the radio altimeter in this position but without circular indicator.

If yes, please give me the setting to put in cdu.

Many thanks for cooperation

Oh, sorry for multiple topic (and i ask at the moderator to delete the other) but there was a problem with the server of forum few minutes ago...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kontrabasen,

i don't find the correct setting, i have setted "on" at item "ROUND RAD ALT DIAL" but the circular indicator appears only at landing.

I thought we beat this horse to death last week.

The radar altimeter is only used for landing as in a CAT II-III approach. On takeoff you want to watch the altimeter and if you want 3000 AGL then add  3000 to your field elevation.  The TERPS criteria for depatures will not require a pilot to use RA, only height above airfield, regardless of the terrain.

There are a lot of places where the ground elevation changes rapidly after takeoff, KCRW comes to mind.  RA in these cases is useless.

You can keep the default RA square display if you wish, I use it to cross check my intial climb but not it alone... always cross check with ALT.

Dan Downs KCRP

Downscc,

i know very well the use of radio altimeter but my question was simply if could get the configuration of the video.

Apparently iFly doesn't have access to the same Boeing documentation that PMDG does.  In other words, I don't think so.

Dan Downs KCRP