Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Can't Install Any Video Drivers. ASRock Board, Nvidia GTX550 Card

I messed up Windows when I used Driver Sweeper in preperation for installing latest nVidia drivers for GTX550TI 1gb. I clicked through the options withiut really noticing that it was set to remove "Intel drivers". (old version). I happened to see odd files being cleaned and quickly stopped it but the damage was done. Plain VGA still worked so I believed that serious items had been erased, at least in the area of video support.

With VGA working I attempted to install the latest video drivers, and very old drivers but they failed to install. I ran a different driver sweeper - Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3D. No help. Installed an older GTX240 video card. No drivers would load.

Cleared BIOS CMOS - no help.

I then downloaded all of the ASRock (motherboard) drivers and installed them. No Help.

I tried to install the monitor driver but it also would not install.

Now into second day. All programs run fine except those that require "3D high res video" such as P3D.

I no longer can find the ASrock CD so I am not really sure that I was able to get all of the needed drivers from the ASRock site.

At this point a basic VGA 1200x1600 functions ok. But no video drivers will install. I suspect that the ASRock board is not providing the profile for the video card despite all new board drivers. I am ready to buy a new motherboard. Thus I need a recommendation for a decent low cost board 1550 CPU support. This board overclocks the i52550K cpu to 4.3ghz from base 3.3ghz with no problems for over a year. So I still want that capability. I will keep the same GTX550/1gb video card for now. I would like to stay under $200.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!