Sign in to follow this  
-Stark-

Saitek Hardware

Just over a year and half ago when I rediscovered flight sims I bought a Saitek Cessna Yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals.  I had no issue setting these up, just yanked two drawers out of my desk and hooked everything up.  When I'm not using it I throw it in a cabinet and put my drawers back in.

Well it's been too nasty out to fly real planes this winter so I got back to playing with Prepar3D.  I want to get another throttle quadrant for twins and was thinking over maybe that switch panel from saitek.  I remember reading at some point that P3D had issues recognizing and configuring these.  I recently started using FSUIPC and was wondering if that solves any compatibility issues.

Thanks!

Depending on how deep into the rabbit hole you go, FSUIPC is the best for what ales ya!  I have Saitek Yoke pedals and 2 throttle quadrants, plus the Radio and mutlifunction panel.  Between FSUIPC and SPAD, I can configure any aircraft I care to fly.  The one trick with FSUIPC is to go to FSX or P3D and uncheck the controls box, then go into the setup of FSX or P3D and delete all AXIS calls.  Let FSUIPC do the work, this way you won't have conflicts between FSX and FSUIPC.

Wasn't sure what SPAD was so had to look, would I need that to just use the switch panel or is that just for the Radio and Multi-function panel?  Not trying to overly complicate it.  Maybe I'll just get another throttle quadrant and use the function keys on the bottom for master, avionics, lights, gear and flaps.