Sign in to follow this  
Dave Morgan

Saitek Pro Flight yoke & throttle

Well... hello again.

I've been using my old Black Widow joystick with FU3 but since the Saitek yoke, throttle & extra throttle are now permanently fixed to the desk, using the joystick has become a bit awkward.

My memory has failed completely and I can't recall what, if anything, I had to do to get the Black Widow working. I tried the yoke last night but it currently has some strange assignments: one throttle lever controls all engines, one controls pitch trim, and another controls the rudder. The yoke itself has no effect on aileron or elevator.

Trawling through the forum, I see a few people in the past had difficulty getting Saitek stuff to work with FU3. Did anyone ever achieve it? What changes do I need to make? I hate this 'getting old' thing - just like in the old threads, every useful memory has become plain text and difficult to decipher.

Cheers,

D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A belated reply--I have the Saitek / yoke combo, CH rudder pedals and a Logitech stick. For X-Plane or FS they can all be plugged in: FU III, however, goes haywire whenever the Saitek composite unit is plugged in. All assignments are mixed up. Evidently, a simple yoke would've been OK but the throttle quadrant linked to a yoke creates conflicts. FU III works fine with a basic stick / yoke and rudder pedals. The latter needs to be entered as a few text strings into a CFG to work.

best regards,

Hans