Sign in to follow this  
prontow

Greetings from Tennessee

New guy here, and looking forward to learning and contributing to the AVSIM community.

I have had FSX for several years but it was running on an old system. Recently built myself a new system with decent specs, good video card running a 4 monitor setup. I was using one monitor for the instrument cluster, and three for the main view.

Just recieved my TrackIR and in the process of setting it up. It really is amazing how much more it adds to the whole experience.

Now my question, and I know it will be subjective but is there an advantage to running a single larger monitor with the TrackIR as opposed to a three monitor setup?

Thanks in advance!

George

Can't speak to using TrackIR but for what its worth - I switched to a single 32inch TV for monitor along the way and love it compared to using the two monitors I had.

James

Hey James, with the price of TV's being so low I went ahead and hooked up a 42" LG HDTV to my system this morning. I did not realize the difference it would make. I can see the entire instrument cluster, and no bezels to look around.

Now i will start tweaking my system to get the best refresh rate.