Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdu

Belmont Stakes

On a lighter note (as compared to the President Reagan thread), I was disappointed to see Smarty Jones lose the Belmont Stakes. Favored 1:5, he was just barely beat by Birdstone. Fine race though :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That was a great race! Birdstone just came out of nowhere! So the Triple Crown eludes jockeys once again. Mabey next year? I thought Rock Hard Ten was going to beat Smarty, didn't even know Birdstone was in the competition. I have seldom seen a better race.

Your right, Birdstone definately came out of nowhere. Rock Hard Ten didn't run an impressive race, at least that I saw. They sure had a hard time gettinr Rock Hard 10 into that starting gate :)

I too saw the race and like a lot of folks (except those who bet on Birdstone!) I was disappointed that Smarty didn't win. I really thought he had it there near the end. Then Birdstone came along. Oh well... that's what makes horse races.As for RH 10.... poor baby -- he didn't like the idea of getting in the gate at the Preakness either. LOL But I thought he ran a pretty good race most of the way. He was right up there with the frontrunners until after the last turn.An exciting race, to be sure.-Lindy

>As for RH 10.... poor baby -- he didn't like the idea of>getting in the gate at the Preakness either. LOL But I>thought he ran a pretty good race most of the way. He was>right up there with the frontrunners until after the last>turn.I remember the commentators talking about the special sensitivity training (there words) they gave RH10 so he would be a little nicer about going into that starting gate. He was fast out of the gate though :)

I guess some horses dont like enclosed spaces. I think RH10 and Smarty ran too hard too soon, Birdstone was just hanging back there, saving up for the last turn and the front stretch. RH10 tried that at the Preakness, but couldn't pull it off.