Sign in to follow this  
Rickatsea

VOX ATC X 6.51 simply won't run

Thought I'd post this cause I'm fresh out of "I know what's causing that!" ideas. 

Iv'e had two what seemed like normal installs with one uninstall in between and have read every thread I can find.

Simply put when I try and bring up the VoxATC window with any aircraft its installed to, the windows flashes for a fraction of a second and is gone,  almost like the program is crashing.  The VoxATC history window displays normally.  There are zero messages.

Anyone?  any ideas?

Thank you, for even reading this thread!  :-)

Rick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rick,

What simulator are you trying to use it with?

Have you been able to make any earlier versions work?

"normal installs" means that you've run both the panel install and indexer right?

Have you tried different aircraft with it (like some basic fsx default aircraft)?

I might suggest the following:

Compare a working version of the main voxatc window panel with the panel configuration file in the problem plane and look for differences that might cause the window to not stay showing (perhaps a conflict in numbering or something).  Although I've not heard of this before - it seems its always either installed or not using the panel installer - or I had to manually install.

John

I had something similar. The thing I did was removed every previous installation file including the UT2 link for vatc, downloaded without anti virus etc on and reinstalled.

Secondly, if you are using pmdg; there is a radio setting in the options- can't remember what it actually says but go to end of options back a page or two and you will an option for radios - I think you set it to never; that solved it for the all the pmdg addons.

Thank you for the replies and suggestions.  This is a FSX install.   I'm using VoxATC 6.51  this is my first time using this program.  I have uninstalled and re installed.  The indexer works like it should.   I'm using the  basic C172 for my initial test, which with this issue is going no where fast.   I've used many different aircraft, same result.  The window flashes for half a second and is gone.  Ugh.   I refuse to re install FSX,  with all my add-ons, would take me all day.   I plan on getting into P3D soon.  Maybe it will work for me with that program.   If anyone has any other ideas, they are most welcome to share!   :Idea: