Sign in to follow this  
ASadik

would like some advice on PC build

Hi all,

I've gotten more and more into fsx and ended up purchasing pmdg and aerosoft product and would like to further my experiences. But I currently use an i5 Intel integrated HD graphic laptop which gives me on average 17-23fps in the air. Some aspects in life played out well so I am able to afford a good system for my simulation needs, and I plan on devoting a life to airplanes with my career, so I think purely for the learning purpose this is worth it. I've never built a gaming PC so I'd like some help on deciding parts. This is currently my projected build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Asadi321/saved/qmz9TW

My main desire is to get good quality fsx (if I can get a quality like say Matt Davies on YouTube that's great, but something below or on par to that is my aim), realistic, future for upgrades when I'm done with school, and overall a good smooth experience.

What is your opinion on the parts picked? Am I spending too much? Can I save on some areas, or spend more on others?

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Asif

P.S. I'm still new to the avsim forum, so my apologies for any rules I may have accidentally broken!

Seems like a good setup to me. The WD Black is a better HDD and the memory could be slightly faster, but overall it's pretty good.

sig01.png

The faster one according to pcpart maker for memory apparently isn't compatible. I picked this motherboard because of WiFi (my current apartment doesn't allow for wired internet) and it keeps the cost within my desired limit of $1.5k but allows for better CPU