Sign in to follow this  
BrianG

New to Nvidia- need set up help/advice

Hi all,

My old ADI 6800 series ( 1 GB) graphics card blew up so I replaced it with a GeForce GTX 960. So far the performance and graphics are less than the replacement card. I'm not worried. I just need some help getting it set up properly, specifically understanding the relationship between Nvidia control panel, Nvidia inspector and how to use those tools for getting best performance. Any current links with info or discussion matter that have worked well for others would be great. I just need to get pointed in the right direction with the new card. There's so much out there it's hard to know where to begin. My old ADI card worked great. I tweaked it to take a bit of a load off the CPU and put on to the GPU through ADI's control panel.I was very happy with the performance. My specs are :

CPU - I7_870 (3.0 ghz)

PSU- 650 watts

GPU- Geforce GTX 960 ( 2GHZ)

RAM- 8 GB ( 2x4)

Not the strongest system as it's 4 years old. I just don't want to put $$ into a new one. I was actually happy with what I had, running PMDG 737, FSdreamteam airports, weather engine, 40% AI traffic, getting around 20 -25 FPS on the ground 35-40 once airborne. And the 3D cockpit graphics and lines where very clear and straight ( no jagged edges) Any help on getting this new card up to speed is really appreciated. Just looking for similar performance with the 960.

Cheers,

Brian