Sign in to follow this  
Super Six-Four

Shadows and Reflections

I've noticed that the external shadows on an aircraft vary from model to model. Some are very jagged and won't improve no matter the setting, others look great even on low settings, and some only look good on high settings. Is this common experience?

Also, I'm guessing reflections don't work on FS9 models? Specifically, I'm trying to get them to show up on an Overland A319. I've put environment maps in the texture folder but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for any input.

Thanks for any input.

Interesting, but I find the shadows pretty consistent across planes.

Do you have an example of good plane v bad plane?

Do you have the NoShadow Flagged Content box checked in the P3D Lighting settings?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The Carenado FSX 172 shadows look great even on low, but the 182 just don't regardless of setting. The Overland A319 (FS9 model) only look good on high. The NoShadow box didn't seem to matter.