Sign in to follow this  
Leeham721

Tutorial #2 - Page 58 Incorrect Sentence / Pics not matching stated steps?

Page 58 appears to be wrong, and the picture shows all lights as extinguished when claiming they should be illuminated.  Shouldn't tutorial pictures match the current A/C state to avoid confusion?

I'm following Tutorial #2 to the letter, including the use of Grd Pwr. Loaded the saved flight to start in the correct panel state.

Anyway, page 58 states the following:

Verify that the BUS TRANS switch has its guard closed, putting it in AUTO, and that the TRANSFER BUS OFF, SOURCE OFF and GEN OFF BUS lights are illuminated.

TBO and SO are extinguished and only GOB is illuminated.

In FCOM v1, Page 88

BUS TRANSFER switch – Guard closed

Verify that the TRANSFER BUS OFF lights are extinguished

.Verify that the SOURCE OFF lights are extinguished.

Verify that the GEN OFF BUS lights are illuminated.

^ That one is correct.

I tried the iFly 737 before the PMDG was ported to Steam Edition and their manual has the exact same mistake, in fact a lot of their manual looks awfully similar...

My PDF is dated 27FEB15.

Page 58 appears to be wrong, and the picture shows all lights as extinguished when claiming they should be illuminated.

I guess, but that's a little nit-picky. The sentence before the picture is "now move to the electrical sub-panel." The sentence is really only showing you what part of the panel you're looking for. If someone was going for what it should look like after the actions had been completed, it would likely be preceded with "it will look like this when you're done."

TBO and SO are extinguished and only GOB is illuminated.

You're correct. The line in the Tutorial doesn't appear to be correct.

I tried the iFly 737 before the PMDG was ported to Steam Edition and their manual has the exact same mistake, in fact a lot of their manual looks awfully similar...

What are you implying here?

Kyle Rodgers

What are you implying here?

That iFly used the copy/paste function, not you guys. It's word for word identical in some places, if it was written independently there'd be more variance in language used. And the fact their manual, using the same language, contains the same mistake. In fact when I asked them about this very same issue, they didn't have the answer you gave - they blamed SE being 'unsupported' even though it clearly isn't a scripting issue or anything.

EDIT: Tried the find the PDF I'm referring to but it's long gone, I remember this clearly.

Thanks for confirming I wasn't making a mistake though, it is indeed hard to keep track of what's a Steam Edition only issue these days.