Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

racingmars

Trouble using FSUIPC in P3D to trigger custom events (e.g. set flaps)

Fellow pilots,

I'm trying to set up key commands to set flaps to a specific setting. I think I've worked out what should work, but it isn't working.

I want to press "Ctrl-A" to set flaps to 5. Looking in the SDK, that should be event 76776. I've tried parameter values 0, 1, -1, and the number associated with a mouse left-click from the SDK. But when I press Ctrl-A (I've also tried other key combos and assigning to a joystick button), I only hear a small "click" in the sim and nothing else seems to happen.

Here's my FSUIPC 4.939n setup:

6MBzN4X.png

From everything I can find online, this should work. I can't get any controls to work... when flaps didn't work I tried various other buttons in the 737 cockpit and I always just get the little "click" sound and no action.

Any hints as to what I might be missing? This is on Win7 64-bit with the latest 737NGX version with the latest FSUIPC version in P3D 2.5 with latest hotfix....

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matthew Wilson

Trying again tonight, I figured it out. Using control 76776 and parameter 536870912 (MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE) is working now... I could have sworn I tried that but I was trying so many combinations of things last night I must have done something wrong.

Matthew Wilson

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now