Sign in to follow this  
Airbrnetravel

Bleed Air Valves

ok last one I promise... for now hehe

Again using the B200 Aeroworx checklist; it states to put the "Bleed Air Valves" to OPEN for engine starting and t/o. Formally using the PMDG 737 this seem counterintuitive as normally close them (if I recall correctly) to divert all air to the engines and not to the environmental. The positions on the B1900 are "open" "Envir Off" and "Inst & "Envir Off".

I like to fly as "real as it gets". I'm putting together a new comprehensive checklist (other than the hot starts, clearing etc) Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The B1900 uses an air cycle machine (ACM) that is fed off the engine environmental bleed air. Thus in order to manage cabin temperature (warm or cool)  the bleed air  switches need to be in the OPEN position. You may want them in the ENVIRO OFF position when performing a battery start at a high DA airport (i.e. Denver in the Summer).

Don't try to think about the 737 and the B190 systems as the same, they are not. The 737 (IIRC) uses bleed air to start their engines whereas the B190 uses electricity to turn the starter/generators.