I've finally reached a point where I can afford myself a computer and 3 monitor setup on my desk for my flight simulation and race simulation hobby, of which I've had less time with over the years. I want to get back into it, and realized I no longer need a tripleheadtogo device because video cards can manage it themselves now.

I don't know what I don't know yet, so I'm beginning my research in this forum to break the ice.

For the last few years I've been running a 27" AOD LED monitor that I very much like, and would love 3 of these or similar lined up 3 across. I really hate to go lower that 27 inches but Ive read a lot about people claiming 24 is the way to go. Ill keep researching this.

Also, what about placing 3 on the desk vs using some sort of desk mount to suspend them above the desk? I use something like this at work and find it difficult if I try to line up the 3 monitors evenly. 

I prefer nvidia video video cards although Ive used and still own AMD/ATI family of cards.

I want this build to "HANDLE" FSX (or Xplane or DCS if I choose to tinker further with those) and would prefer ONE video card as opposed to SLI.

I'm looking at GTX970 vs GTX980

What kind of monitors has the community used that they enjoy? Small bezels, more screen, good picture.

Look forward to your feedback on this as I prep to get back into simulation.

I have used 3 23" Dell monitors at one time with the GTX 970 card. Biggest problem I had was that if I opened another window in FSX and now also with P3D it would put a real hurting on the frame rate. With FS2004, it had no problems with frame rate. I love the Dell S2340M Monitor because it has a glass front which I like. I also think they are the sharpest screen I've ever seen. They are cheap to buy now too. I don't use this setup anymore, still use two of the Dell's with a BenQ 32'' monitor in the middle. Just remember that if you want to spread the image across all three screens, I would do this in FS2004, and fly a Mooney...was like life size cockpit to me, you need to buy three of the same monitors. No mixing. I've always used Nvidia cards and they have a program that sets up the three for you, not sure if AMD does. I just bought myself the Trackir 5 setup for use with P3D, and love it. Wear any baseball cap with a TrackClip they give you and your ready to go. Mine set its self up and worked first time out of the box. No need for 3 monitors anymore, I look left with my head and view shows out left side of plane. Look up, see top of ceiling in plane. Flying a twin Cessna 340 tonight if I wanted to get a better look forward, I stood up out of my chair and could see down the slope of the nose at the ground below. It works for race simulation, shoot um up games, etc., cost about $149 on Amazon.com You might spend your money better with just on 32" monitor like I bought, using the Trackir 5. The GTX 970 card supports the BenQ 32" monitor with a display port outlet that you need to get the full 2560x1440 resolution out it.

Paul 

I have a TrackIr too! Great tool. Sadly I dont use it enough. I use the clip on my hat. But, I hate wearing hats in the house. But I still have it and will use it.