Sign in to follow this  
boez

An alternative technique to restore dropped SLI mode

(Also posted on LM forum as it may provide clues as to why the drop out is occurring in the first place)

The generally accepted way of recovering dropped SLI mode if, for example, you have been into the in-sim menus is to Alt-Enter twice. However this appears to be quite stressful on the system and occasionally I am experiencing driver crashes when I do this (although from reading other posts this appears to be a general driver issue rather than specifically an SLI issue).

I’ve found a different way of re-setting as follows: When the driver has dropped out of SLI mode (i.e. on GPU at high usage the other at zero) right mouse click to bring up the pop-up menu then left click elsewhere on the screen to close that menu (you don’t select any menu item). Next hold ALT for a second or so until the top menu disappears. Loading should now be even across both GPUs.

On my system this has proven to be 100% repeatable and no driver crashes so far but given the sporadic nature of the issue it may not work for all!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!