Sign in to follow this  
riwig

Fuel flow in S550

Hi,

A couple of questions for you experienced pilots:

Just bought the Carenade S550 and the first thing I noticed was that the fuel was only taken from the left wing. Started to look for a fuel transfer on the panel and finally found one knob almost hidden in the left corner of the panel. Managed to figure out how to equalize the flow from both tanks. Later when landed safely I went to Carenado's site and was looking for a solution / fis for this problem but didn't find anything. Went back to AvSim and scanned through all topics and found out there was a service pack for the Citation.

Ok, downloaded it and run the installer and everything was fine. Took the plane up for a testflight and now the FMS was back to the original (no Navigraph extension pack). However, the fuel flow was equal from both tank. Landed and run the installer for the Navigraph extension and started a new test flight. Navigraph OK but the fuel flow is back to first point. Only takes from left tank unless I start to twist the knob under the panel.

Anyone experience the same issue and is there a solution for it?

My second question is the problem with the FMS. In the flight plan when looking at the waypoints I can see the distance and estimated time when i will be there. The problem now is that the time is totally wrong, last flight I was expected to be at the next waypoint at 32:34. The hours is not updating correctly. In fact, there is the same problem in my Hawker 850Xp, here it's usually 1 hour wrong eg. my time is 11:34 and the MFD shows 10:46 expected time to the next waypoint.

Again, anyone experience the same issue and is there a solution for it?

Any help would be much appreciated, Carenado is not much of a help with the time problem. Email the support and received a mail where they thank me for my feedback and will CONSIDER to look at it in a future service pack.

Richard

My second question is the problem with the FMS. In the flight plan when looking at the waypoints I can see the distance and estimated time when i will be there. The problem now is that the time is totally wrong, last flight I was expected to be at the next waypoint at 32:34. The hours is not updating correctly. In fact, there is the same problem in my Hawker 850Xp, here it's usually 1 hour wrong eg. my time is 11:34 and the MFD shows 10:46 expected time to the next waypoint.

Again, anyone experience the same issue and is there a solution for it?

Richard

I can confirm this problem as well. The times do not make sense. They are neither local time, nor zulu times, nor PC times. Haven't seen a fix yet.