Sign in to follow this  
Col1948

FS not updating when new AFCAD installed

I wonder if anyone can help, I recently intalled some UK2000 scenery, I decided I didn't like it and took it off, later I modified an AFCAD saved it as normal (I've done others before by the way) but when the sim restarted I noticed it didn't update, I went in to the modified airfield only to notice nothing had changed.
I tried this a few times but no joy, also I noticed the AFCAD program couldn't find the modified airport or any others in the add-on scenery folder, so something has somehow hid it from the sim or disabled it, I searched the sim for clues and searched online but most threads are about how to add scenery and activate it, where as these are just AFCADS in the add-on scenery/scenery folder.

Has naybody else had this problem and if so what was/is the cure please?

I have the up to date AFCAD program in case anyone suggests and I did reinstall it just in case.

Hi.

It's likely that you have a duplicate afd somewhere for that airport and I suppose it's in a folder other than ..Addon Scenery/Scenery..

If you are using AfCad 221, go to the folder holding its exe (right click the shortcut and choose 'Open File Location'). In that folder, delete two files: FileIndex and AirportList. Once they're safely in your Recycle Bin, run AfCad again. In AfCad, click on the usual Open File button. It will build itself a new database of airports based on what's listed in your scenery.cfg file.

Don't scroll through the airport tree on the left - instead type the ICAO in the little box on the right and click Search or Find or whatever the button is called (I'm doing this from memory). That will show every installed afd with that ICAO.

I haven't found a way of doing this with ADE so alternatively, download scanafd.zip from the Avsim library. That also will find every airport duplicate in your scenery. Be aware that some duplicates may be required, such as when a developer has made an airport in several layers, or when you've intentionally created a duplicate for AI. I have noticed over the years that a small handful of free addons cause it to stall: it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to complete its scan.

If you find duplicates and are happy you don't want them I recommend deleting them manually direct from their Scenery folder. That way they definitely end up in your recycle bin and you can retrieve them if you need to.

D

Get this little utility from the library ScanAFD and run it. It will show you the duplicate afcads.

Why didnt you like the UK2000 scenery. The payware is just fantastic.

Steve