Sign in to follow this  
EmileB

Debug log query

Today I uninstalled and re-installed my PMDG NGX (800/900 base package as well as 600/700 expansion package) because as things were, the weather radar buttons didn't work.  That has now been fixed.  And the NGX seems to load up fine otherwise, as before.  But tonight I came across the following two lines in the 737NGX_debug_log.txt file (I had no reason other than curiosity to browse this file, BTW) :

Can't access WAV file: 0 (Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_StarterTruck.wav)
and
Can't access WAV file: 0 (Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_AirTruck.wav)

I honestly don't know if this also occurred before the un-and re-install.  But these sound files are indeed not present in the above folder.  However, I did find the following two similarly named files there :

PMDG_737_Airtruck_ext.wav

and

PMDG_737_StarterTruck_ext.wav

Should I rename these files so that they match the ones reported missing in the debug log ?  Or is this something I should not be worried about and leave as is ?  Any advice much appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Further to my first post :

Since no-one had replied, I created copies of the files PMDG_737_Airtruck_ext.wav and PMDG_737_StarterTruck_ext.wav in the same folder, and renamed the copies PMDG_737_Airtruck.wav and PMDG_737_StarterTruck.wav respectively.  Ran FSX, loaded the NGX, and after shutting down FSX, no "Can't access WAV file" messages in the debug log anymore.  So I kinda answered my own question, but I still think it's odd that this occurred in the first place.  Maybe this obs is of use to someone, maybe it isn't.  Whatever... :Hmmmph: