Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

Can't Install FSX + Acceleration

After having too many problems with my FSX installation, I decided to uninstall FSX and format the drive that held it.

After doing the above I am unable to get FSX and Acceleration installed, my system will not to run the "autorun.inf" file on the installation disc. I finally got FSX installed by running the "Check Disc" file, but the acceleration disc will not install running the Setup.exe, it goes through the motions but never installs!

I don't know what happened to my Win 7 but for some reason it's refusing to autorun the "autorun.inf" files. I've googled this problem and tried every suggestion, to no avail!

Unless someone here knows what might have happened, I'll have to re-install the Win 7 64 Home Premium, with all of the extras I have on my system this will take several days and cause lots of headaches. The OS is auto running the Video and Audio Discs, but will not autorun the "autorun.inf" file on the data discs. Other than that the OS seems to be running with no problems! My external HD with all of my backup data bit the dust, so I'll have to do complete reinstall of Windows .

Does anyone know what may be the reason for this anomaly and how to fix it?  

Maybe I should just go ahead and build the new system with Win10 OS that I have been contemplating.

Could this be a sign from above? LOL

Pete S

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Well I guess nobody has an answer!

Never Mind 'cause I just built a new system:

Asus Z97-A/USB3.1

Water Cooled  Intel 4790K @4.4

EVGA GFX980

Windows 10

FSX-SE

Everything running like a charm!

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)