Sign in to follow this  
Fishbait32

PMDG 737 installer can't find Prepar3d.exe | Windows 10. P3D 2.5

[sOLVED]  Mistakenly moved the Prepar3d folder to a different folder after the installation completed. Using the Repair function in the P3D installer, it put key files to the original folder, which was the issue. I moved back all my files to the original folder, and the PMDG installer now detects P3D. 

Hey guys,

I have windows 10 on my computer, with several SSDS for programs and games. I have my OS on SSD #1, P3D on SSD #2. When windows 10 first came out, there were issues with using their "upgrade" program, so I elected to do a fresh install of Windows 10 instead. Well it turns out the OS will not activate because it didn't first go through the upgrade. I also tried to play P3D, however it was broken since I believe it stores a few essential files on the SSD that has the OS on it. Fine, I uninstall all of my flight sim products and even P3D. I do a quick install of Windows 8, and use the Windows 10 upgrade to get my OS activated. Here I am with Windows 10, and now a fresh install of P3D sitting on SSD 2, and practically a fresh install of Windows 10 on SSD 1. I install of my flight sim products: FSDT airports, REX, ORBX, ASN, Aerosoft Airbus, etc. They all install perfectly.

However, the PMDG 737 for P3D installer says it can not find Prepar3d.exe when I open the installer. I have tried running the installer as Admin, and in compatibility mode as well. So, I'm not exactly sure if this is an issue with the installer on Windows 10, or something on my computer side. I've heard people say PMDG aircraft work on Windows 10, but they installed it on Windows 7 or 8, then upgraded to Windows 10, so naturally you'd assume it would work. In my case, its the installer that is having issues finding P3D.

Any help would be appreciated. Again, this is a fresh install of P3D 2.5 Version 12946.