Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLSeagull

MSI Gaming App causing P3D to 'freeze'.

Just a heads-up to any of my fellow simmers using the 'MSI Gaming App' or its sister application 'MSI Afterburner'. These Apps are commonly used as 'on-the-fly' overclocking utilities and both of these Apps are currently causing problems with DirectX in Windows 10 - with the effect that SOME but not All games can 'hang' or 'freeze'.  They have now been acknowledged by MSI to be incompatible with W10 until they can address the problem. 

If, like me, you have recently been experiencing display problems with P3D (i.e. 'hangs' or 'freezes') and have either of these Apps installed then my suggestion would be to uninstall them and wait for the Official MSI fix to be released.

It has taken me three long, frustrating days of uninstalls, re-installs and finally a complete OS install to get to the bottom of this one and if, by reading this, I can help anyone else avoid the hassle then this post wil have served its purpose.

Regards,

Stupidly expensive rig, nonplussed Memsahib, disinterested offspring and a fascinated cat as Rio.  XP11, P3Dv3 and an Oculus Rift.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now