Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

FSX+excel & win 10 pro 64bit

The main problem I'm having with fsx and win 10 is my sound.  I have a SB Audigy 2 value with drivers that should work with win 10.  But on my smaller planes ie Seneca V, The sound will wooosh, wooosh 4 times then back to normal.  This is also the same with LVD 763.  My iFly 737, I'll get the stuttering not only when pushing buttons and switches, but like when being pushed back by GSX or AES.  Today I went to try my PMDG 777 and that wooosh sound was constant.  It would do it 4 times, then a 5 to 10 second normal and do it all over again.  I probably need to get a new card that has the win 10 drivers.  My current card is obsolete.  Any recommendations?

The other problem is when I shut down fsx, it closes like it did in win 7 pro 64bit.  But if I try to start it up, I get a message fsx is already running.  So I have to use task manager to shut it down completely.  I have no Idea what's keeping it from completely closing.  In task manager it shows 0% cpu usage and it shows i.e. 112 mgb in memory.  And I could let it sit there for hours and it wouldn't close.  So it's not that I'm not waiting long enough.  It doesn't shut down. 

John K