Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

P3D folder disappeared

Not sure this will get much attention today with all eyes on P3Dv3, but  here goes...

I am still running 2.5, and just bought the Carenado Seneca V and installed it into P3D2.5. As I didn't like the sound set I purchased the Arezone sound set product from SimMarket. In trying to install it, I was browsing folders to find my P3D folder, found it and tried to select it. Nothing happened, the pointer just stayed on the folder and no response. So I cancelled the installation exe preparing to try again, when I discovered that my P3D folder was gone. I did a search for the folder on Windows Explorer and it wasn't found.

I thought I should see if the program would load. The P3D icon was there selected it and it loaded, although along the way there were error messages that various scenery files were missing.

Can anyone advise what might have happened? Should I continue to search for the missing P3D folder are just rerun the P3D installer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Okay, I have found the folder. For some  reason during the attempted installation the P3D folder was put in another folder, but everything is in order and working again.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049